Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of another year....

As the end of 2010 approaches, I look back at what has been a difficult year. Pain has been my constant companion since March. Knee surgery in April and a fall in August has kept me down for the majority of the year. It has been unsettling and disheartening to say the least. When you are a mom and told "to stay off your feet", you can't help but laugh at the pure ridiculousness of that statement!

I have come through some dark days and sorted through some major feelings. I am ending the year on a hopeful tone. There are brighter days and that is a truth I can believe now. I can also see the light at the end of the tunnel, I will feel better and better each day. My knee will never be 100%, but at least I can walk and that is more than what some people have. Empathy for others in pain comes easy to me now. It is definitely something you can't understand unless you have been there.

My kids have been an enormous source of pride and happiness through this. Grace is so ready to cheer me up or help me around the house. All the while keeping her grades up and turning into quite a young lady. Dylan is my source of laughter! You can't be down long with him around! Both of my kids have a special purpose in this world and I love watching it unfold.

Cal, I would be lost with him. God was competely amazing for placing him in my life.

This year has been filled with new adventures, new pains, exciting news, and honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. Even through bad patches, we learn something for the future.
My New Year's Resolution: Be better (better Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, Friend, etc..) Get stronger (never give up on myself, mentally or physically) Judge less (God just may put you in their shoes and then what?) People do what they can with what they have. Be forgiving (even of the people who seemingly don't deserve it in our eyes)
That's alot, I know. And I am sure I will fail a time or two (or twenty) but the point is to make yourself aware and try. All we can do is try. If we fail, try again. If we succeed, then who knows what can be accomplished!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

1 comment:

my cup of tea said...

I love this post! I can relate in many ways! I am also trying to look forward to a beautiful new year!
Blessings to you and your family!
~Donna~