Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Days

My beautiful family enjoying a hay ride at the local pumpkin patch :)

Afterwards I attempted a new recipe: Butternut Squash Lasagna
I thought it sounded like the perfect fall dish
The original recipe is from The Proud Italian Cook's blog...you can find her here:http://prouditaliancook.blogspot.com/
I don't usually use ricotta in lasagna...I do not like it, but I thought I would try it again for this recipe.
The line up to layering the lasagna: Butternut Squash chunks, ricotta mixture, and bechamal sauce with roasted garlic and various seasonings, not pictured: mozzarella cheese
ended up being 4 layers!
looking very yummy
All done!
The end result : Very good, very rich and I still do not like ricotta cheese. I will make this again minus the ricotta and replaced with Italian sausage. With the absence of meat, you could almost have a small piece to accompany a steak or other meat. Strange to think of lasagna as a "side dish" but anything is possible!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

that sounds really yummy - I am with you not a huge fan of ricotta cheese. I am having to stay up right now with a sick baby girl (well not so much a baby anymore, sigh), so I thought I would pop over here and see what you have been up to! Miss you - hope you are doing well. Sunshine

PS Happy Thanksgiving!