Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chicken Carbona Night

Tonight I tried a new recipe, Chicken Carbona, and it was fantastic! Fantastic isn't descriptive enough...it was food heaven! You can't go wrong with bacon, chicken, heavy cream and cheese......

Chicken Carbona
2 packages Uncle Bens Garlic & Butter Rice
10 oz. bacon 1 inch sliced
1 lb. chicken breast boneless, skinless, sliced
1 tsp. garlic minced
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup frozen petite peas thawed, drained
2 oz. Parmesan cheese shaved
3 green onions thinly sliced

PREPARATION
1. Cook rice to package directions.
2. Cook bacon until crisp; drain off all but 2 tbsp. of drippings. Season chicken with salt and pepper as desired. Add chicken, saute until seared on all sides.
3. Add garlic and cream; simmer until it begins to thicken. Add peas, continue to cook until peas are heated through. Stir in enough cheese to thicken to sauce consistency.
4. Serve over rice; garnish with onion; top with cheese, if desired.

Next time I will skip the rice and serve it over angel hair pasta. I will add more cream and cheese to accommodate this....YUM!

2 comments:

Laura [What I Like] said...

there is something so incredible about the combination of chicken and bacon...not sure what but I fall for it every time. And throw in some peas and cream? I'm just a goner. If I'm feeling a bit lazy I make something sort of similar by just simmering ham in cream until the cream has gotten thick and then throw in the peas and some pasta. Sort of a cheaters sauce I suppose.

Steph said...

that sounds heavenly too :)

chicken, bacon and cream...you can't go wrong!