Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recipe Swap!

Having discovered my love for cooking, I am always looking for something new to try. This is something my husband adores about me :) I have always heard that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...lol
This is the meal I prepared last Thursday. Slow cookers are a busy mom's best friend and I am loyal to that friend! I love putting something together in the morning and then not worrying about dinner the rest of the day.
This particular dish is from The Rival CrockPot Cookbook
Try it and tell me how you like it!! And then perhaps pass on one of your favorite recipes...


I love the way the fresh fruit looks!!

Very nice presentation!




Must put the sauce on your pork...it is soooooooo good!

Heavenly Harvest Pork Roast
makes 6-8 servings
1/4 cup pomegranate juice *
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon steak seasoning
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 pork roast, any type (4 to 5 pounds)
2 pears, cores, peeled and sliced thick
1/2 orange with peel, sliced thick
combine pomegranate juice and sugar in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Pour into slow cooker.
Blend seasonings in small bowl and rub over mixture over roast. Place roast in slowcooker, turning to coat in juice mixture.
Top roast with pear and orange slices. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 8 hours or until tender. Serve with juice and fruit slices.
* I used the juice I had on hand...cran/pomegranate
Also, I left the peel on the pears, they seem to hold up better. I cooked mine on high for the first 5 hours and and then low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Enjoy!





3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yummy, you want to come and cook dinner for me:)

Stephanie said...

I will be making that! I can't think of any recipe to swap, my best ones came from you anyways (our family favorite - sweet and sour meatloaf)

Steph said...

Les - of course I will cook, but you have to clean up!

Steph - Let me know if you like it or maybe I can make it in July for you! Glad you like the meatloaf!